Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Whilst The Kids Are In School

Whilst the kids are in school, we do naughty things together.  Just kidding 😆 Nah,  we go to makan places that we don't normally bring the kids to and eat food that we don't usually order when they are with us.

Yesterday we went to the Mamak restaurant after collecting my car from the service center.  We had spicyllicious food. The nasi lemak with sambal sotong was super duper burning but absolutely bang on! 👍


 


After breakfast, we went to the supermarket to get some groceries; then to a newly opened fish market (Sui-San Fish Market) to get some fresh fish. I was too stuffed to put in more food into my mouth but hubs and his makan buddy, Alan Yun ordered grilled salmon and sashimi from the fish market. At Sui-San Fish Market, you can pick the fishes of your choice and have them cooked to your desire. There's a wide selection of fresh and frozen fishes and the prices are reasonable too.

When the sashimi scallop arrived, my curiosity got the better of me. Not that I was hungry or love rawsome seafood, but I  was eager to get a taste of raw scallop. Not bad. It was very sweet and fresh, albeit with a tinge of fishy smell. I dipped the raw scallop with lots of wasabi to safeguard my guts from bacteria.  Did you know that wasabi is antibacterial and can safeguard your guts against H. pylori?  That's why the Japanese eat their sashimi with wasabi.

 



No comments: