Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Heavy Period Caused By Fibroid

My monthly unwanted guest arrived yesterday. My Aunt Flow is by far the cruelest this time, lashing out a massive outflow of my most precious blood. Yes blood is SO precious to me now.  I am hoping that I can avoid a blood transfusion before my surgery.  She caused me a sleepless night yesterday, the entire frigging night. I got up every hourly to change the pads, which would be soaked to my shorts. And I used 42cm pads.  A blanket that I place underneath me was also stained.  Not only was there a massive blood flood, clots were plentiful too. And darn the cramps when the clots are being passed out each time. This morning I got up feeling like a walking dead, looking paler and weaker than ever. The breathlessness crept out again, so did the heart flutters.  After a heavy breakfast and snacking throughout the day, I am feeling much better now. Feeling like someone who is preggers, I have been feeling hungry all the time today.  Throughout the day,  I snacked on 'char siew', 'siew yoke', roast chicken (meat gives me the iron power!), black dates, goji berries, lots of ginger + chlorophyll drinks, wholegrain bread with homemade multi-nut jam, lots of Izumio hydrogen water, my super power Super Lutein and my iron tablets. With such  massive blood loss last night and am still bleeding heavily, I am  surprised that I haven't collapsed yet, thank God I am still alive! 😅 I could still drive around and do house chores.  This episode is making me look forward to the surgery. I can't wait for the fibroid to be removed from my body.  I miss my old pre-fibroid body so much 💔

No comments: